We hope you like this website and our various reviews of different companies. There are so many wonderful companies to celebrate in Maryland. We will also tell you when we don’t think they are doing well.
Large Companies Headquartered in Maryland
Here are a few that you might know the names of:
- Black and Decker (subsidiary of Stanley)
- Blackstreet Capital Management
- Choice Hotels
- Constellation Energy Group
- Discovery Communications (i.e. The Discovery Channel)
- Giant Food
- Goodwill Industries
- Greater Baltimore Medical Center
- Host Hotels and Resorts
- Jerry’s Subs and Pizzas
- JoS. A. Bank Clothiers
- Legg Mason
- Lockheed Martin
- London Fog
- Marriot International (Hotels)
- McCormick & Company (yes, spices)
- Medstar Health
- Perdue Farms (chickens)
- Piedmont Airlines
- Roy Rogers Restaurants
- Sinclair Broadcast Group
- T. Rowe Price Group
- Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company
- The Rouse Co.
- Total Wine and More
- Under Armour
- University of Maryland Medical System
- W.R. Grace and Co.
Best Mid-Sized Companies in MD to Work For
Some of the above companies employ over 20,000 people in Maryland. Many companies here are great places to work. Forbes magazine picked 500 companies that are the best mid-sized places to work in the US. They had to have at least 1,000 employees. We don’t know what the upside limit was because some of these companies are pretty large. Here they are and their rank in the 500 companies
- #12 Johns Hopkins University
- #29 Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- #40 T. Rowe Price
- #288 Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- #299 Mercy Medical Center
- #303 Clark Construction
- #325 Whiting-Turner Contracting
- #365 Royal Farms
- #434 Westat
- #444 Choce Hotels International
- #451 Abt Associates, Inc.
Then there are just so many smaller companies. Everything from towing companies, to plumbing companies, roofing companies, contractors, dental practices, law firms, accountants, shipping companies, funeral homes, tugboat companies, limousine companies, and transportation companies just to name a few. It is amazing how many niches and types of business there are. Even odd little companies like companies that polish brass and other metals, companies that strip paint, companies that put gold leaf back on buildings, and companies that suck out used grease from restaurants. Things you would never think of.
We hope you will find the reviews of all these companies interesting.